A full rundown of my career, covering companies, skills & experience…
2017 – Present : RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) (CTO / Chief Technical Officer)
Working with every team within the College to accelerate digital transformation for the benefit of all our stakeholders.
2012 – 2017: Combat Stress (CIO / Chief Information Officer)
Overall responsibility for leading the development, delivery and support of the IT and IM strategies, together with IT operations and change programmes. Key areas of responsibility include; leadership, team management, infrastructure, mentoring, security, programme / project management, risk, budgeting, governance, contracts, business analysis, policy, strategy and vision.
2000 – 2012 : Lerch Bates Ltd, IT Manager (Europe)
Solely responsible for the design, procurement, implementation and management of all IT systems. Supported growth from 18 employees in 2 offices to 60+ employees at 11 locations within the UK, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Malaysia and New Zealand.
2001 – 2003: Conssero, IT Manager
Fulfilled this role in addition to the above. Conssero is a daughter company of Lerch Bates. Supported the company’s growth from 2 to 12 employees over 2 years;
1996 – 2000: Kingston University: Computer Science (2:1)
1991 – 1995: Holy Trinity School: 2 A-Levels & 10 GCSEs
- SharePoint 2010 MCTS & MCITP and Cisco CCNA
- ITIL v3 Foundation and PRINCE2 (2009) Practitioner
- MCSE (Server 2003), MCTS (Vista) and CompTIA Security+
- Developing and delivering overall IT & IM strategy to / for the board.
- Business analysis with a focus on highly critical business intelligence.
- Programme and project management of multiple interdisciplinary teams.
- “System-of-systems” architecture design, management, and delivery.
- Delivering revolutionary technical innovation into the organisation safely.
- Leading diverse teams strategically, technically and organisationally.
- Recruiting, training, managing, assessing and mentoring team managers.
- Transforming existing teams to deliver strategic value and leadership.
- Implementing best practice cross-departmentally.
- Team building and team fixing strategy and delivery.
- Implementation and transformation of help desk / IT service operations.
- Design and deployment of critical 24/7 systems monitoring solutions.
- Overview and improvement of all disaster recovery / continuity matters.
- Creating a mobile and empowered user culture of technical innovation.
- Uplifting service to fully align with the benefits of cloud technology.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Also NT4, 2000 and 2003)
- Linux (Red Hat, Fedora and Ubuntu)
- Exchange and SharePoint
- Blackberry Enterprise Services
- SQL Server and MySQL
- VMWare and Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center
- WordPress, Joomla and Drupal
- Veritas and ARCserve Enterprise Backup
- IIS and Apache
- Kaspersky and McAfee (Desktop, Server, Appliance & Administration).
- AD, DNS, WSUS, DHCP, WINS
- Cisco, HP, Dell, Watchguard and Checkpoint
- Avaya, Panasonic and Samsung Telecoms
- Spiceworks, ManageEngine, Bugzilla and Mantis
- Windows, Ubuntu and Mac OS
- Windows Mobile, iOS and Android
- Microsoft Office, Open Office and Libre Office
- Adobe Acrobat & AutoCAD
- FrontPage, SharePoint Designer and Expression
- British National (Born in Chile)
- Full UK Driving License
- Fluent English and strong Spanish
Interests & Activities
- Enjoy participating in a number of sports, particularly playing badminton.
- Trustee of The cornerHOUSE, a volunteer run community arts centre.
- Also involved in fundraising for a number of charities including UNICEF;
- 2008: Walked across England in 5 days.
- 2009: Undertook the Three Peaks 24-hour Challenge
- 2010: Created, and directed an open community stage production
- 2011: Delivered a full re-structure of “The cornerHOUSE”
- 2012: Volunteering at the London Olympics & Paralympic games
Career Summary (PDF Version of CV)