A full rundown of my career, covering companies, skills & experience…
2022 – Present : RCPCH (Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health) (CDO / Chief Digital Officer)
Leading all aspects of internal and external Digital / Data / Technology strategy, including our in-house software development team. Working closely with the NHS, and other organisations, to improve child health nationally and internationally.
2017 – 2022 : RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) (CTO / Chief Technical Officer)
Working with every team within the College to accelerate digital transformation for the benefit of all our stakeholders. Including creating an internal software development team and leading this in the creation of multiple, vital, digital capabilities for the College, it’s members and the wider sector.
2012 – 2017: Combat Stress (CIO / Chief Information Officer)
Overall responsibility for leading the development, delivery and support of the IT and IM strategies, together with IT operations and change programmes. Key areas of responsibility include; leadership, team management, infrastructure, mentoring, security, programme / project management, risk, budgeting, governance, contracts, business analysis, policy, strategy and vision.
2000 – 2012 : Lerch Bates Ltd, IT Manager (Europe)
Solely responsible for the design, procurement, implementation and management of all IT systems. Supported growth from 18 employees in 2 offices to 60+ employees at 11 locations within the UK, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Malaysia and New Zealand.
2001 – 2003: Conssero, IT Manager
Fulfilled this role in addition to the above. Conssero is a daughter company of Lerch Bates. Supported the company’s growth from 2 to 12 employees over 2 years;
1996 – 2000: Kingston University: Computer Science (2:1)
1991 – 1995: Holy Trinity School: 2 A-Levels & 10 GCSEs
- SharePoint 2010 MCTS & MCITP and Cisco CCNA
- ITIL v3 Foundation and PRINCE2 (2009) Practitioner
- MCSE (Server 2003), MCTS (Vista) and CompTIA Security+
- Developing and delivering overall IT & IM strategy to / for the board.
- Business analysis with a focus on highly critical business intelligence.
- Programme and project management of multiple interdisciplinary teams.
- “System-of-systems” architecture design, management, and delivery.
- Delivering revolutionary technical innovation into the organisation safely.
- Leading diverse teams strategically, technically and organisationally.
- Recruiting, training, managing, assessing and mentoring team managers.
- Transforming existing teams to deliver strategic value and leadership.
- Implementing best practice cross-departmentally.
- Team building and team fixing strategy and delivery.
- Implementation and transformation of help desk / IT service operations.
- Design and deployment of critical 24/7 systems monitoring solutions.
- Overview and improvement of all disaster recovery / continuity matters.
- Creating a mobile and empowered user culture of technical innovation.
- Uplifting service to fully align with the benefits of cloud technology.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Also NT4, 2000 and 2003)
- Linux (Red Hat, Fedora and Ubuntu)
- Exchange and SharePoint
- Blackberry Enterprise Services
- SQL Server and MySQL
- VMWare and Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center
- WordPress, Joomla and Drupal
- Veritas and ARCserve Enterprise Backup
- IIS and Apache
- Kaspersky and McAfee (Desktop, Server, Appliance & Administration).
- AD, DNS, WSUS, DHCP, WINS
- Cisco, HP, Dell, Watchguard and Checkpoint
- Avaya, Panasonic and Samsung Telecoms
- Spiceworks, ManageEngine, Bugzilla and Mantis
- Windows, Ubuntu and Mac OS
- Windows Mobile, iOS and Android
- Microsoft Office, Open Office and Libre Office
- Adobe Acrobat & AutoCAD
- FrontPage, SharePoint Designer and Expression
- British National (Born in Chile)
- Full UK Driving License
- Fluent English and strong Spanish
Interests & Activities
- Enjoy participating in a number of sports, particularly playing badminton.
- Trustee of The cornerHOUSE, a volunteer run community arts centre.
- Also involved in fundraising for a number of charities including UNICEF;
- 2008: Walked across England in 5 days.
- 2009: Undertook the Three Peaks 24-hour Challenge
- 2010: Created, and directed an open community stage production
- 2011: Delivered a full re-structure of “The cornerHOUSE”
- 2012: Volunteering at the London Olympics & Paralympic games
Career Summary (PDF Version of CV)